Okay, just how stinkin' cute is this layout?
And guess what! famille1999 is the winner of last week's button challenge from Margaret! Hooray!
So are you ready for a new challenge?
We’re trying something new this week. Instead of a layout challenge, we’re challenging you to a photo challenge. Go grab your camera, and turn to page 41 of the January/February issue. This challenge comes straight from the “Focus on Photos” column. Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to spend one day taking “everyday life” shots of you, your family, your home, your daily habits, and more.
This is actually something I like to do about every three months. I'll just grab my camera and take photos of my boys and "things" that tell a story about that particular day. Here are some photos from my latest photo diary.
My drink of choice (and none of that diet stuff, thanks):
I am ALWAYS cold:
A fun little toy (anyone else have one of these?):
And noodles made from scratch, drying in the oven (to be used for homemade chicken noodle soup!):
And just for the heck of it, here is the recipe I use for Chicken Noodle soup. It's REALLY good (and easy)!
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
And I love that you can see my husband in the background of this one, doing what he does best (watching sports):
They also love pretending to talk on the phone to grandma:
So can you do it? Are you up to the challenge? It's so fun and it's a GREAT way to document the daily details of your life--a way to create your own daily photo diary.
Post your photos in the Simple group gallery by Sunday, December 21 for your chance to win a prize pack from AdornIt! Be sure to title the file (not the layout) “Focus on Photos” so we can find the contest entries. (Note the quote marks are important).
Ready, set, GO!